Notification of The Annual General Meeting of Upstage Centre Youth Theatre Ltd.
In accordance with the constitution this is to confirm that the Annual General Meeting of Upstage Centre Youth Theatre Ltd will take place in Room 1 at 41 Monkgate, York YO31 3PB on Tuesday 25 September 2018 at 5.30pm
- Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting on Monday 11 December 2017 (see attached)
- Matters Arising
- To receive the Annual Report and Financial statements for the year ended 31 March 2018
- Election of Executive Committee (see note below)
- Election of Independent Examiner
- Election of Honorary Solicitor
- Change of Name : In accordance with Clause S of the constitution and after receiving the consent of the Charity Commissioners the Executive Committee propose that the name of the charity be changed from Upstage Centre Youth Theatre Ltd to Theatre@41Ltd
- Change of Objectives: In accordance with Clause S of the constitution and after receiving the formal consent of the Charity Commissioners under s.198(2)(a) of the Charities Act 2011 the Executive Committee propose the objectives of the Charity be changed as follows: To provide and maintain a viable performing arts centre for community arts organisations and emerging professional theatre groups: 1 To facilitate the development and presentation of live theatre in all its forms and 2 In support of the performing arts assist in the promotion, maintenance, advancement and education of the entire community of York and surrounding areas
- The future
- Any Other Business
Susannah Baines; Jo Hird
3 September 2018
The Executive Committee shall consist of a chair, Secretary, Treasurer and not less than 3 nor more than 9 members elected by the membership at a general meeting who shall hold office from the conclusion of the meeting at which each is elected.
Nominations for election to the Executive Committee must be made by members of the Company in writing (including email) and must be in the hands of the Secretary of the Executive Committee at least 7 days before the annual general meeting. Should nominations exceed vacancies, election shall be by ballot. Members should ensure anyone nominated is willing to stand.